Das Level-Design schreitet voran. Die ersten unterirdischen Gewölbe erwachen zum Leben und warten mit Schätzen, Rätseln und Gefahren auf die mutigen Abenteurer.
Silversword 2 - Götterdämmerung
What is this project all about?
It's all about creating a new fantasy roleplaying-game with unique features.
The player will have to possibility to play the game on PC, Mac, iOS and Android, so it's highly available. Multi-Language support opens the game for a large audience. Even while not playing, the characters can earn money, develop and evolve. This mechanic is known from other online games, it leverages the connection to the game and the benefit for the player.
Most important features:
- Developed with Unity3D, employing a powerful 3D and physics engine
- Platforms: MacOS, PC/Windows, iOS, Android
- English, German, French
- Animated 3D creatures with artificial intelligence
- A Class- and Skill-System that allows the player to freely develop his/her career
- Improving skills by practice, in addition to learning from trainers or watching (copying from) other creatures
- Inventing new items and spells
- A faction system - the player can choose for which side to fight
- 1st Person View, Real-Time game except a round-based combat mode
- Employing "offline"-time when the player does not run the game through trading, training, research
- Atmospheric music and sound
- The game will probably be used as a basis for an online game - but that will be a new project on a larger scale
What is project goal and who is the project for?
- Creating a Fantasy-Roleplaying game, that gives the player the possibility of building his/her own career path
- Using various mechanics from other games to present a rich and interesting gaming experience
- Deliver a basis for an upcoming online game, i.e. many players can play together
- Giving the player the ability to develop his/her characters even when not playing
- Central save game storage (server-based) so that the game can be transferred to the different clients
- All people who like to be captured in a fantastic world full of adventures and stories
- Players with a hunter-gatherer mentality
- Players that don't have much time to play the game continuously, and want to use their off-time for developing their characters
- Players who like a simple and intuitive user interface, that enables complex actions due to a clever design
Why should you support this project?
Apart from getting the chance of modelling the game world and taking part in the storywriting, the genre will be enriched by a cool new game that combines many features of award-winning role-playing games.
Unique Selling Propositions:
1. Leading a group of characters through a real-time fantasy world. You can benefit from their different skills.
2. Faction System. You can choose the side for which to play / fight. No need to fight for "good" (or "evil").
3. Research new items and spells. Through experimenting unique new items and spells can be created.
4. Learning by watching. Simply copy an enemies skills by closely studying it.
5. Using the offline-time when not playing. The more time passes, the better your characters get.
6. Server-based (cloud) save games. Synchronize your game state to your preferred device, at home - or while travelling.
Furthermore the development crew gives full transparency - the progress can be recalled anytime.
In addition, training lessons with the focus on Unity3D game development are planned.
How will we use the money if the project is successfully funded?
Unity3D Licenses for deploying the game to iOS, Android and using it with a team, cost 3500 Euro per Developer. I need at least 2 of them. In addition, Assets need to be bought (3D Models, textures, sounds that we cannot produce ourselves).
Who are the people behind the project?
My name is Mario Gaida, I work as a project manager for software development companies for about 10 years. I am used to lead and coordinate teams.
My main hobbies are fantasy and roleplaying. Not even being 10 years old, I came into touch with D&D and Das Schwarze Auge. Many more different rulesets and genres followed (from prehistoric to science fiction).
I have gained experience in being a game master for over 20 years, enhancing my skills in storywriting and improvisation.
The Bard's Tale was my entry point to computer based role-playing. From Dungeon Master over Might and Magic up to Oblivion and Skyrim - I know them all. I have spent much time in online games like Ultima Online, EverQuest, World Of Warcraft, Age Of Conan or Warhammer Online. In addition, I worked as a Customer Service employee for Sony Online Entertainment - being a Game Master in EverQuest.
Over the past year, I developed my very own roleplaying game for iOS. Silversword was born, and is available since 2011-12-13. It was downloaded about 10.000 times in the free version, and sold about 1.500 times in the first 8 weeks. A success for me, because the game serves a niche. Due to this, the user interface and the graphic is old-school.
Nonetheless I am proud, and gain much praise. I even got 87/100 points from the gamepro magazine.
Now I am ready to get the next project on its feet, because game-development is a fascinating area.
Musician, 3D graphic artist, level designer, coder - all are within reach and exchange knowledge with me regularly.
The game will be created as another passionate hobby project, not out of a company (for now).